Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fresh and New

Today is a fresh new day and I am so excited by the possibilities. There is so much I want to do. So much I want to continue doing.  And a little I want to stop doing.

I have big dreams.  I always have.  What I have lacked in the past is the structure to make those dreams a reality.  Now I have written out clear defined goals and included steps to accomplish those goals with action steps to make them happen and a timeline for what needs to happen when.

For example in the past my goals have been things like "take the boy on vacation".  That's it.  Now it looks like this, "take the boy on vacation to San Diego on spring break" and action steps are "work 2-4 hrs overtime weekly when he is with his dad, eat from the pantry (no eating out), sell things I don't need/want on facebook buy/sell groups" etc.  The goal is to save enough in the next 2 months to make it happen.  It is completely doable an not overwhelming this way.

Other set me up for failure goals have been "Lose 20 pounds this month". This has been modified to
"Work out 5x week for minimum of 30 minutes and follow the 21 day fix eating plan".  I know in doing this I can lose weight and inches.  The beauty of being a Beachbody coach is that I have support and I can help other people reach their goals too. My big goal is to lose 50 more pounds over the next 6 months.  I have lost 30 pounds over the last 4 months so this doesn't seem far fetched.  I lost 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years so that proves anything is possible.  But still if I look at the big picture of 50 pounds it can get overwhelming.  So I take it one workout and one meal at a time.  I plan for my success because I want to hit my goals. I hate that feeling of overwhelm.

For the next few months you are going to get to follow along on my journey and see me hit my goals, and smash them.  You re also going to read about new upcoming books that I will be reviewing for you.  I have two that are coming out this month that I am pretty excited about.  The first is Be You. Do Good by Jonathan Golden  and the second is Breaking Busy by Alli Worthington.   I am really looking forward to sharing these with you.

But for now I need to get off here and start my day.

Hope you have a fabulous January 2nd.


No comments:

Post a Comment