Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Too Fast

Today was one of those days where my head is just spinning and I don't know what to think or do.

Today I got the call from the geneticist with the results.  I'm negative for the BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 gene which is a marker for the more invasive types of breast cancer.  Negative is VERY VERY good. This made my great mood even better.

Today was also the day I got to meet with my surgeon for post op.  As I was getting ready to check in my phone ring and I stopped to answer it.  I recognized the  number as one of the Kaiser facilities.  Is it a bad thing when you can look at the area code and prefix of the number calling and know it's a dr's office?  Anyways, the wonderful lady on the other end of the line says she wants to talk to me about my pre check-in for tomorrows procedure.  I say, you mean for my son, he's got an appt tomorrow with dermatology.  She says, "No. You're procedure with Dr Khaw."  I explained that my appt with Dr Khaw was today and I was just walking in so I would discuss it with her momentarily.

I get checked in and called back and the nurse and I are talking and she asks how I'm doing and I told her about the phone call and she says "Oh yeah, you weren't supposed to find out yet."

The dr comes in and is all flustered because she and I hadn't had a chance to talk and I was already getting contacted.  She had a surgical cancellation tomorrow and she booked me just in case.  She explained the margin taken out the first time and what they like to have as margin and why.  Yes please take a little more out and definitely recut the same place before it heals any further.

It didn't really hit me until about an hour after I got home and then it was like I got hit with a ton of bricks.  It's tomorrow and I haven't had time to make anything ahead or clean the house.  Laundry needs doing. Etc.

Ugh.

Thank God that He is in control and He will take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment